1. Peggy Wallace Kennedy, daughter of former Alabama Governor George Wallace who was famous for his "Segregation today, segregation tomorrow!" political stance, embraced Karen Lowery, daughter of Civil Rights icon Reverend Joseph Lowery, after they each received awards at Oakwood University Seventh-day Adventist Church on Sabbath, February 8.
Recognizing the International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation on February 6, the Adventist Church joins many other organizations in working toward eliminating the process of female genital mutilation. Many African cultures continue this practice, including some in Kenya.
1. Taxes affecting clergy salaries have been brought into question by a court ruling. United States District Judge Barbara Crabb ruled in Wisconsin that the clergy tax-exemption for housing violates the Constitution's separation of church and state.
1. Adventist Health was ranked the 12th-healthiest workplace in the United States in 2013, according to Healthiest Employers, an employee health analytics firm.
Welcome to the Food Issue of Three Angles News.
In this issue...
Panera Bread restaurant is serving pork and bacon products on property owned by Florida Hospital, part of the Adventist Health System. The administration's policy has "evolved," according to a spokesperson.
1. Adventist pastor Evans Orina died after being stabbed and burned in a mob violence incident in Kaptembwa, Kenya, last week. He was mistaken for a robber.
1. A lightning strike killed eight worshippers during a Sabbath service at an Adventist church in Lilongwe, Malawi. Several other members were injured in the incident.