1. Taxes affecting clergy salaries have been brought into question by a court ruling. United States District Judge Barbara Crabb ruled in Wisconsin that the clergy tax-exemption for housing violates the Constitution's separation of church and state.
1. Adventist Health was ranked the 12th-healthiest workplace in the United States in 2013, according to Healthiest Employers, an employee health analytics firm.
Welcome to the Food Issue of Three Angles News.
In this issue...
Panera Bread restaurant is serving pork and bacon products on property owned by Florida Hospital, part of the Adventist Health System. The administration's policy has "evolved," according to a spokesperson.
1. Adventist pastor Evans Orina died after being stabbed and burned in a mob violence incident in Kaptembwa, Kenya, last week. He was mistaken for a robber.
1. A lightning strike killed eight worshippers during a Sabbath service at an Adventist church in Lilongwe, Malawi. Several other members were injured in the incident.
1. Loma Linda University partners with Texas A & M in space station stem cell research.
1. Adventist "Bible Boom" contest finalists from across the Inter-American Division competed in Cuba last weekend, with 20-year-old Jempsy Tisma from Haiti winning the competition and demonstrating exhaustive knowledge of 10 books of the Bible, from Ephesians to Hebrews.
LLUMC Unveils Cutting Edge Heart Procedure
A new therapy has been developed by physicians at Loma Linda University to "treat patients who have severe aortic valve stenosis, shortness of breath, chest pain, heart failure, light-headedness and syncope. The procedure provides an alternative to open heart surgery for patients who are considered inoperable."
Scam Culprit Confesses